The EL470 is a state-of-the-art satellite modem designed for the transmission and reception of IP streams over satellite at rates of up to 133 Mbit/s in full compliance with the DVB standards. The EL470 modem connects directly to terrestrial IP network infrastructures via a dual auto-switching Gigabit Ethernet interface.
The EL470 comes with several hardware and software options and can be used in Point-to-Point links as well as in Point-to-Multi Point networks. It is compatible with a wide range of encapsulation protocols: data piping, MPE, ULE, GSE (Generic Stream Encapsulation) and Newtec’s XPE (Extended Performance Encapsulation).
The EL470 is capable of receiving DVB-S2 Multistream and VCM signals and can optionally transmit in VCM mode.
For maximum bandwidth efficiency, the EL470 can also be used in Adaptive Coding and Modulation (ACM) mode, modifying the modulation parameters dynamically in function of the link conditions. The modem incorporates the renowned FlexACM® technology which fully optimizes the satellite link at optimal availability.
At the output of the modulator, the signal is available on an L-band interface. Extended L-band, IF-band as well as BUC power supply and reference frequency are available as configuration options, providing a compact and cost effective solution.
The EL470 has a dual L-band input. The active input is selected by the user and can provide DC power and frequency band selection signals compatible with most professional and commercial LNBs. Optionally, one L-band input can be replaced by an IF input.
The integrated Noise & Distortion Estimator (NoDE) tool provides an accurate reading of the satellite link margin even in presence of non-linear distortion and allows the user to find the optimum input back-off setting very easily for 16APSK or 32APSK operation, whether or not non-linear predistortion is applied.
Clean Channel Technology™ is available on the EL470 IP modulator as an option. Clean Channel Technology™ further improves satellite efficiency by up to 15% compared to the current DVB-S2 standard. Newtec’s customers will be able to immediately benefit from Clean Channel Technology, as it is available as a software field upgrade for existing Newtec equipment.
- DVB-S2 and DVB-DSNG/S compliant
- QPSK, 8PSK, 16APSK and 32APSK
- XPE, GSE, MPE, ULE encapsulation
- Data rates up to 133 Mbit/s in each direction
- Adaptive equaliser (demodulator input)
- L-band monitoring output
- Programmable amplitude slope equalizer (L-band output)
- Noise & Distortion Estimator (NoDE) tool
- DVB-S2 Multistream
- Optional extended L-band
- 2 Mbaud for low rate applications
- Optional VCM and ACM operation
- Optional embedded point-to-point ACM controller and ACM client (FlexACM®)
- Switchable BUC power supply on L-band output
- Optional 10 MHz reference input/output
- Optional Linear and non-linear predistortion (EqualinkTM)
- Optional AES encryption
- Optional Clean Channel Technology™
- Lower operational costs thanks to highest bandwidth efficiency
- Highest bandwidth efficiency through the most efficient IP encapsulation protocols.
- Integrated hardware and software offering for end-to-end solution
- Secure and encrypted satellite transmissions
- High versatility and flexibility
- Fit for operations over Inclined Orbit Satellites